The Nordic region is leading when it comes to green transition of construction and the Nordic Ministers of Construction and Housing wish to support this continual process through the implementation of the action plan for “Nordic Sustainable and Competitive Construction”.
The action plan is executed through a program of approx. 7,5 million EUR which is funded by the Nordic Council of Ministers and Nordic Innovation.
The action plan forms part of Nordic Vision 2030, a vision for the Nordic countries to become the most sustainable and integrated region in the world by 2030.
The programs partners are from across the Nordic region and will collaborate on executing the work of five work packages that runs until the end of 2024. The Danish Authority of Social Services and Housing will be the secretariat for the program collaboration.
The five work packages will run through 2024 and the responsible partners are:
- Nordic Harmonisation of Life Cycle Assessment (Ministry of Environment, Finland)
- Circular business models and procurement (Nordic Innovation)
- Sustainable building materials and architecture (Form/Design Center)
- Emission-free construction sites (Ministry of Infrastructure, Iceland)
- Secretariat for Nordic co-operation on Sustainable and competitive construction (The Danish Authority of Social Services and Housing)
Do you want to know more?
You can read more about the program on our website.
Go to the website for Nordic Sustainable Construction here
If you are interested in receiving informtaion about the program, or want to share information with us, please send and email to the secretariat at the email listed to your right.